American and British storms are ‚holding hands‘ over Atlantic: Systems that wreaked havoc on two continents are COMBINING Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2559856/London-New-York-storms-COMBINING-Meteorologists-say-two-storms-holding-hands-Atlantic.html#ixzz2tPsLDqmD Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
- Incredible satellite imagery shows the monster storms swirling ‚arm-in-arm‘ across the Atlantic
- The Stateside storm, the latest of many this bitter winter, brought with it heavy snow, sleet and icy conditions that saw thousands of flights cancelled and left 21 people dead, mostly from car crashes
- Meanwhile, on the other side of the Atlantic, Friday’s storm caused heavy rain and winds up to 80 mph in Britain’s southern counties, aggravating areas already flooded following the wettest January since records began in 1776
Devastating storms that have dumped as much as 40 inches of snow on parts of the United States and caused widespread flooding in the UK are combining over the Atlantic, weather experts have revealed.
Incredible satellite imagery from NASA’s Worldview shows the monster storms swirling ‚arm-in-arm‘ across the ocean.
The storms in the US have left 21 people dead and caused thousands of flights to be cancelled, bringing the east coast to a standstill.
Meanwhile, in Britain, heavy rain and winds up to 80 mph devastated parts of the south, aggravating areas already flooded after the wettest January since records began in 1776.
Scroll down for video
Holding hands: A storm that dumped heavy snow and ice across the east coast of the United States this week is the very same weather system that battered southern parts of the UK on Friday, meteorologists have revealed in incredible satellite imagery
Floods have drenched the low-lying Somerset Levels in the south west and the Thames Valley west of London, where hundreds of properties have been swamped after the River Thames burst its banks.
The situation is also set to get worse as torrential downpours forecast for this weekend could see rivers reaching dangerously high levels.
- Heartbreak for the holiday weekend! Northeast braces for another dose of thundersleet with more than 2,000 flights canceled, snow-clogged streets and 1.2million without power
- Astonishing before and after pictures show how one Somerset couple lost the fight against the rising tide with the owner forced to return to his luxury farmhouse in a diving suit
- Storms to cause half term misery: Families braced for a week of mayhem with hundreds more homes expected to flood while rivers remain dangerously high throughout next week
The Thames Barrier, a structure made of 10 steel gates each weighing 3,300 tonnes that shields central London from tidal flooding, prevented widespread damage in the capital after the downpour.
This winter’s rains saw the Thames record some of its highest levels for 60 years.
Water up to here: A resident pulls a boat towards his house in a flooded street on Friday near Staines-Upon-Thames, England. Flood water has remained high in some areas and high winds are causing disruption to other parts of the UK with the Met Office issuing a red weather warning
Deep snow: Motorists find themselves stranded in deep snow as blizzards trap their cars along a Pennines road overnight Thursday. A number of cars became stuck during heavy snow and gale force winds on a road between Cumbria and County Durham, England, and had to be rescued by a farmer
Darkness at noon: The M27 passing Portsmouth was clothed in a near-black fog today
Destruction: A tree which was uprooted in Chorlton, a suburb of Manchester, by high winds and storms
Wild waves: Wind, rain and waves batter the Cornish village of Kingsand in England on Friday as the environment agency warns hundreds more homes will be flooded this weekend
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2559856/London-New-York-storms-COMBINING-Meteorologists-say-two-storms-holding-hands-Atlantic.html#ixzz2tPsISOIz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Veröffentlicht am 15. Februar 2014 in Chemtrails, GeoEngineering, Globales aufwachen!, HAARP, Manipuliertes, New World Order, Schlagzeilen, Wetter-Kontrolle und mit Atlantic, Chemtrail conspiracy theory, GeoEngineering, Global awake, heavy rain, heavy snow, Klimawandel, London, Mainstream-Medien, satellite imagery, Wetter-Kontrolle, Wettermanipulation getaggt. Setze ein Lesezeichen auf den Permalink. Hinterlasse einen Kommentar.